- Designed for effectiveness: The filter basket is the key to EasyChecks’s reliability! Fallen mites pass through holes in the base and sides of the filter basket.
- Quick and easy to use. Only 3 steps!
- Easily transportable and made from robust, solid material
- Tight-fitting lid is leak-free and comfortable to use
- Two molded guide lines allow samples of 200 or 300 bees
- Transparent bowl allows accurate counting and reliable sampling
- Dishwasher safe
How to use Video, Click Here
Why monitor varroa infestation?
- To detect a massive Varroa build-up and plan treatment options (in early spring or between honey flows, for example).
- To optimize treatment strategy (when and how to treat)
- To control the effectiveness of a performed treatment
Quick and easy to use:
Beekeepers simply collect 200 or 300 bees and shake them for 60 seconds in the EasyCheck shaker, with a solution of alcohol or winter windshield washer fluid.
Did you know?
A 3% infestation can cut honey yield by up to 28 pounds/year.
Maisonnasse, et al, 2014. A study conducted by INRA found that a 3% Varroa infestation cut honey production by 11 lbs. of lavender honey per flow, or as much as 28 lbs. per year.